It’s almost time for our annual adventure through the Chakras. Every year in Winter, I offer a step-by-step look at energetic anatomy via a journey through the Chakra system. That time is nigh! As always, I will make this journey available via my weekly, public yoga classes on Wednesdays and Saturdays (and now Mondays too).
This year, I am concocting an even more exciting opportunity for a small group of yogis: The Chakra Intensive Series.
Digging Deeper: Chakra Intensive Series
Mondays from 7:15-8:45pm
January 11 – February 29 (We will meet on MLK Day)
Location: The ADF Small Studio on Broad St. in Durham
Optional All-Levels Yoga Class from 5:45-7 – Included in your Tuition
This Intensive Series will feature a workshop setting, including more dialogue, quiet reflection and paired sharing. It will be an opportunity to dig deeper into some of the themes associated with each chakra – stuff that we barely have time to scratch the surface on in our weekly yoga (asana) classes. It may include some movement and breathing, but the primary focus will not be yoga asana (postures) but on discussion, self-reflection, and applying the wisdom of the chakras to every aspect of life.
We’ll hold space. We’ll drink tea. We’ll dig deep. Together.
I will be capping this class at 12 participants to ensure optimal space for all of us to go deeper.
A few important notes:
- I am asking you to commit to the whole series. Obviously things come up – people get sick, dogs need emergency surgery, etc – but I hope that you undertake this commitment with the expectation that you will be present at every session. This will help us build a solid container in which to do this deeper personal work. The winter is the perfect time for digging deeply.
- Included in your tuition will be one required text which will serve as important guides for our work.
- Eastern Body, Western Mind : Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self, by Anodea Judith
- Other supplemental texts will be used and I am working on having those available at the library.
- Also included in your tuition is the drop-in class which will take place immediately prior to our Intensive workshop series. This all-levels class will be open to all my students, and will be a great way for you to enter into the chakra flow in preparation for our workshops. This class will be Mondays 5:45-7pm, in the same space as our workshop.
- I will be capping this Intensive series at 12 participants to ensure optimal space for all of us to dig deep.
The suggested tuition for this series will be $175-300. That’s as little as ~$22 per session – or about $8 per hour of content if you opt-in to the yoga. If you are in a position to pay at the high end of the sliding scale, or beyond, please consider doing so. It will help offset the costs for those who are paying at the lower end of the scale. Your tuition includes:
- 90 minutes of intensive workshop space in an intimate setting
- Optional 75 minute public yoga class, prior to workshop space
- Your own personal copy of Eastern Body, Western Mind : Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self, by Anodea Judith
- Plus, I’ll offer you a Pay What You Can rate on the open chakra wrap-up workshop on Sunday, March 13th at Durham Yoga Co.
- Payment plans are available. I accept cash, check and Paypal. [I’m working on setting up Square.]
Interested? Email me now to get on the list! I’ll ask for a small deposit to hold your spot.
Want to know more before you commit? I am happy to talk with you in person/via phone to answer any questions.
I hope you’ll join me in this intensive exploration of energetic anatomy, psychology, identity and embodiment.